Ecotourism - Case Colomba
The ancient city shows oneself on the channel of Sicily, to the left of the Mazarò
river, was founded from the Fenici with the name of Mazara, perhaps than it means "Castle", and it acquired importance thanks to its strategic position.
The city acquired importance from the '824 A.D., when the Arabs disbanded Arabs the Byzantine, made it to become largest city administrative of Go it (district) and were fortified.
The Arabs they left here for the conquest of the Sicily and here they left new
savour, new scents, an amount of business activities them and handicraft that tutt' today are found again in the traditions and the city life.
With the advent of normanni the cities one becomes rich of
churches, convents and monastery and comes encircled, from King Ruggero, one new town-walls building that will come then pulled down in 1852, concurring the expansion of the city.
But with the advent of Trapani, in XIV the century, the political, economic and social decay has beginning of the city, that it has temine in XIX the century when, with the development of the wine-growing and the peach, the city blooming again.
Mazara del Vallo exports it its wines all over the world and its peach makes that its port is the greatest port fishing boat of
Up to date : 6 december 2009
Web site designed and mainteined by Fabio Bertolazzi
text & foto by Fabio Bertolazzi & Anna Maria Di Bartolo Zuccarello
Copyright Baglio Case Colomba © 2001-2010